56 ITEMS YOU ALWAYS NEED WITHIN REACH
That may seem like a high number, but it’s really not, and by within reach we don’t necessarily mean on your person but near enough and accessible enough that you could find it and use it within minutes.
This is an all encompassing list, which will help cover you for almost any eventuality. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that this will help save you from every pitfall in life, but it’s definitely going to help you more than if you didn’t know or have any of this stuff to hand. This list is in no particular order so make sure you read it all!
1. Water – Bottled or a bottle in which you can put water
2. Food – Daily food, plus extra for extended trips away
3. Keys – House, Car, Garage, lock-up, family, work.
4. Cash – Cold hard cash is always handy!
5. ATM card/bank card/credit card
6. ID – Passport, driving licence, Student ID, Train Pass etc.
7. First aid kit – One that at least covers basic emergency situations.
8. Flashlight – a small one or a large one, or even both?
9. Watch – Good for telling the time
10. A UK Friendly pocket knife – Very useful EDC tool
11. Multi-Tool – Like having a tool box in your pocket or on your keys.
12. A mobile phone and charger (a portable charger is pretty useful too)
13. USB drive with all of your files backed up
14. Prescription medications. You should definitely have them anyway if you need them!
16. Small AM/FM radio
17. Safety pins
18. Rubber bands or hair bobble – good for tying thing and holding things together.
19. Zip ties
20. Emergency “space” blanket- Help keep you warm when the heating fails.
21. Whistle – helps attract attention, or useful if you are a sports coach
22. Wet wipes – Because no one likes dirty hands.
23. Packet of tissues
24. Condom – For what you initially think about and for carrying water
25. Matches or a lighter
26. Metal cup (for your daily coffee fix and can double up for cooking in an emergency)
27. Duct tape
28. Zip lock bags
29.Needle and thread
30.Tampon – For daily use and for emergencies (see our unlikely items for First Aid blog post)
31. Compass for navigation.
32. Sweets because they are tasty, and everyone likes a little sugar rush
33. Sunglasses for helping you see and saving your eyesight.
34. Sterile gloves (can come as part of First Aid kit)
35. Mirror – For vanity and emergency use
36. Good walking shoes/boots
37. Complete change of clothes (socks are very essential especially in wet conditions)
38. Light sticks
39. Work gloves
40. Poncho – Light Showers
41. Waterproof Coat – Heavy downpours
42. Local map – Always good if the Sat Nav Fails
43. Hand sanitizer
44. Baby/Pet essentials
45. Dental Essentials – tooth brush, toothpaste and dental floss
46. Batteries – A range of, and ones that are fully charged
47. Talcum Powder – For rashes and chaffing
48. Water Purification tabs or Steripen
49. Water proof Note pad
50. Pen or Pencil – Hard-use tactical pen or a pencil rather than a Bic
51. EDC Bag – For use every day (as the name implies)
52. Bug-Out Bag/Rucksack – for bigger trips or for getting out in a hurry
53. Shemagh/Headtube – Loads of cool uses
54. Cling Film – Protects food and can apply to burns
56. A fixed blade knife for bushcraft/camping
Luckily for you, we sell an awful lot of this stuff (not all though). Either way these items are always really handly to have around be in in your house, car, office or bug-out bag. They can help you out in all sorts of situations (not just emergencies). Either way we hope you find this list of awesome things useful.